PETRORESIN C9 Hydrocarbon Resin is manufactured by Yuen Liang from their own refined feedstock.
PETRORESIN synthetic hydrocarbon resin is made by polymerising mixtures of unsaturated monomers such as olefins, diolefins and aromatic vinyl compounds obtained as by products from the steam cracking of liquid natural gas, gas oil, and petroleum napthas.
PETRORESIN is a low molecular weight thermoplastic polymer. You can visit the Yuen Liang site here http://www.ylicl-petroresin.com
- Paint: PETRORESIN is compatible with alkyd and phenolic resins and most industrial solvents, especially aromatic and aliphatics. In paints and varnishes it reduces cost, speeds drying, increases hardness and gloss. Reduces viscosity in high solids coatings.
- Printing Inks: PETRORESIN is a neutral polymer which does not react with pigments. It improves printability, alkali resistance, and improves abrasion resistance.
- Adhesives: PETRORESIN is very compatible with such polymers as EVA commonly used in this industry. Good thermal stability and cost effectiveness makes PETRORESIN ideal for use as a tackifying resin in pressure sensitive tapes, hot melt and contact adhesives.
- Rubber: PETRORESIN is particulary suited as an additive in natural and synthetic rubber, especially SBR. PETRORESIN simplifies the processing and moulding operations and improves green tack and mechanical reinforcement.
- Construction: PETRORESIN is compatible with floor tile adhesives to give the floor excellent water proofing, alkali and abrasion resistance.