NON SILICONE DEFOAMER
Foam Control Agent for Emulsion Paints and Coatings. DeCAL 5030 has been specifically developed to reduce air entrainment during the manufacture and application of water based paints and adhesives.
- Chemical Type - Mineral Hydrocarbons, Silica and surface active materials.
- Appearance - Amber opaque liquid
- Solubility - Imiscible in water
- Viscosity - < 1000cPs at 20C by Contraves TV Viscometer
- Ionic character - Nonionic
- Particle size - Passed through 400 micron screen
2.Application and use:
- DeCAL 5030 has long lasting efficiency – particularly useful where “in can” life is important.
- It is also useful in the Paper Industry for clay / latex and starch size press coatings.
- DeCAL 5030 is normally used as delivered. In emulsion paint systems we recommend adding half to the pigment grind and the balance to the final blending. The level of addition recommended is 0.1 – 0.5% depending on the severity of the foam problems.
4. Storage: Store in closed containers. Avoid extremes of temperature.
5. Stability: After 6 months gradual phasing may occur. The product is still suitable for use if remixed.
6. Packaging: 200 litre or 1,000 litre plastic containers. We hope this information will be of value and if necessary we will be glad to offer additional technical advice. Please note that all our information is given in good faith, we can assume no responsibility for any liability incurred. Data and results should be confirmed by the Buyer by testing the product under its intended conditions of use. Version 0.0. 08.11.00