Thermosetting Acrylic Emulsions.
DeCAL 4002, 4003, & 4005 are versatile high performance anionic self crosslinking polymers for the production of high performance finishes across a variety of industries.
1.Cure Schedule: The chemical nature of these polymers means that high temperature curing is required to achieve the maximum performance benefits. Treated substrates should be cured at 150°C for up to two minutes. The use of an acid catalyst such as p-toluene sulphonic acid can be used with DeCAL 4003 & 4005 to reduce the curing temperature and accelerate the curing response.
2. Typical Properties. (see Technical Data Sheet)
3. Textile Finishing DeCAL 4002, 4003 & 4005 produce: -Films having minimal effect on the colour of fabrics. -Very resistant to washing and dry cleaning. -Have minimal chalking effect. -Non-toxic. -Impart finishes with properties ranging from slightly crisp to very stiff. DeCAL 4002, 4003 & 4005 can be used to replace UF and MF resins or used in conjunction to improve abrasion resistance and tensile strength of natural and synthetic fabrics. The final properties will depend on the choice of emulsion and the amount applied. For pad application:- 250-500g/l for a high stiffness. 100-150g/l for medium stiffness. 25-75g/l for low stiffness.
4. Industrial Finishing: DeCAL 4002, 4003 & 4005 can also find use in the industrial finishing sector. Once crosslinked fully these polymers can produce highly resistant films on a variety of substrates including wood, paper board and PVC. In the majority of cases DeCAL 4005 will give the best performance balance with excellent adhesion and resistance to heat, staining, water and chemicals being achieved.
5. Formulation: DeCAL 4002, 4003 & 4005 are compatible with most anionic and non-ionic textile and coating auxiliaries including antifoams, wetting agents, coalescing solvents and thickeners. Full formulation details can be supplied on request.
6. Safety & Handling: DeCAL 4002, 4003 & 4005 should be handled in accordance with good industrial practice. Detailed information is provided in the Safety Data Sheet.
7. Storage: DeCAL 4002, 4003 & 4005 should be protected from frost. We hope this information will be of value and if necessary we will be glad to offer additional technical advice. Please note that all our information is given in good faith, we can assume no responsibility for any liability incurred. Data and results should be confirmed by the Buyer by testing the product under its intended conditions of use. Version 0.0. 15.10.02